The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > What Cinematic Endeavor Did You Just Revel In?
Pages (193): « First ... « 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
DRZ
SS: GIFs ARE autoplays!

We own the night (2007)

A very rare Marky Mark film that isn't utter wank. 8/10

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-05-2012 04:29 PM
DRZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRZ Click here to Send DRZ a Private Message Find more posts by DRZ Add DRZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ

Chronicle (2012)

Another damn good film. 8/10

Old Post 05-05-2012 07:23 PM
DRZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRZ Click here to Send DRZ a Private Message Find more posts by DRZ Add DRZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Tonight's movie: Hugo

Plot-wise, it was enjoyable, if a little slow. Visually, it was wonderful.

Old Post 05-06-2012 03:54 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett
Say no to edit rape

Trading Places.

Remember when Eddie Murphy was funny and didn't make family fare shlock? I don't think I've seen this since the mid to late 90s, but the idea holds up pretty well even if the direct references to the time period don't. (lulz at the idea of a Wall Street Trader making "only" $80k today)

Last edited by Brett on 05-06-2012 at 02:08 PM

Old Post 05-06-2012 12:36 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

I've been wanting to see Beverly Hills Cop the last couple of days.

Old Post 05-06-2012 02:05 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ

How stoned do you have to be to want to watch Beverly Hills Cop?

Old Post 05-06-2012 02:09 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

I've been asking that myself. Still, when I was a kid it was the best movie ever. This and Karate Kid was like... 1984's The Matrix.

Old Post 05-06-2012 02:27 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

On the other hand, I would need stronger drugs to want to watch Karate Kid again.

Old Post 05-06-2012 02:28 PM
DRZ

Watch Chronicle if you're going to spend the afternoon smoking the smelly green stuff.

Old Post 05-06-2012 02:55 PM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

I dunno... the other half and I watched all three Beverly Hills Cops not too long ago. The first one actually still holds up as quite an enjoyable movie. The others... well, they're sequels. At least they're still funny Eddie Murphy, as compared to what he's become.

Though I think I prefer Coming to America.

Last edited by Roshigoth on 05-06-2012 at 04:35 PM

Old Post 05-06-2012 03:17 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett
Say no to edit rape

I don't think I've ever watched any of the Beverly Hills Cop movies.

Old Post 05-06-2012 03:32 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ

Too mainstream.

Old Post 05-06-2012 03:55 PM
CRSR
°Hits Moi!°

I would not put Chronicle in a barrel with Eddie Murphy and call it a pickle.

Old Post 05-06-2012 06:35 PM
CRSR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CRSR Click here to Send CRSR a Private Message Find more posts by CRSR Add CRSR to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Today's movie: The Avengers

Lots of fun. Definitely worth seeing if you have any interest in this sort of movie.

I'll admit I was kinda iffy when I heard Mark Ruffalo was going to be the Hulk, but I think he's done the best job yet.

Old Post 05-06-2012 09:27 PM
Brett
Say no to edit rape

Aliens (extended version)

Meh, the original cut is better. Every new scene is pretty much redundant and/or slows down the pace of the movie.

Old Post 05-07-2012 02:44 PM
Rokkr
Scarred for Life

God Bless America
Kind of preaching to the choir, but the targets just weren't right wing douchebags like the people that teach their children to "hate fags."

PC gets knocked around too. The guy gets fired for sending flowers to a woman at work to cheer her up. He's told it's sexual harassment.

Old Post 05-07-2012 03:14 PM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

My Little Princess.

Considering its 'frenchness' it is actually worth watching.

Old Post 05-07-2012 09:53 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

quote:
Originally posted by Roshigoth
Today's movie: The Avengers

Lots of fun. Definitely worth seeing if you have any interest in this sort of movie.

I'll admit I was kinda iffy when I heard Mark Ruffalo was going to be the Hulk, but I think he's done the best job yet.

it really is a very fun movie, and you don't really need to know anything from the comic books to enjoy it. i don't think i've ever heard a theater laugh so hard at a man being beat up before.

Old Post 05-07-2012 11:26 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Indeed.

Old Post 05-08-2012 01:12 AM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Tonight's movie: North by Northwest

Good stuff. Still haven't seen a Hitchcock movie I didn't like.

Old Post 05-08-2012 03:49 AM
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

quote:
Originally posted by SocialParasite
it really is a very fun movie, and you don't really need to know anything from the comic books to enjoy it. i don't think i've ever heard a theater laugh so hard at a man being beat up before.
It was the timing, man. And the rag doll physics.

Old Post 05-08-2012 06:32 AM
SatansLeftHand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SatansLeftHand Click here to Send SatansLeftHand a Private Message Find more posts by SatansLeftHand Add SatansLeftHand to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

quote:
Originally posted by SatansLeftHand
It was the timing, man. And the rag doll physics.

what did it for me was him laying there on the ground like "welp. should have seen that coming."

Old Post 05-08-2012 08:32 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
avert_your_eyes
The Ultimate Male

despite the hulk, the avenger's superhero cast is pretty B-celeb.

While Iron man supposingly is the lamest marvel hero ever (comics and movies), cpt. America is just a LoL.

Imagine a guy called Cpt. France, put him in a tricolore spandex and give him a shield with a big rooster on it and you get a glimpse of the ridiculousness we feel if we see this hillbilly Missgeburt.

William Gibson

Old Post 05-08-2012 03:35 PM
avert_your_eyes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for avert_your_eyes Click here to Send avert_your_eyes a Private Message Find more posts by avert_your_eyes Add avert_your_eyes to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

Sherlock.

I've downloaded both series, and I'm pretty sure Benedict Cumberbatch should have been on Spin's Top 100 Guitarists list.

Old Post 05-08-2012 04:10 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

I saw the first three episodes. 'Tis a silly thing, but passable.

Old Post 05-08-2012 07:36 PM